cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Lindesay <...@lindesay.co.nz>
Subject Re: Question on ObjectContext and Deserialization
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2012 08:11:05 GMT
Hi Andrus;

For what it is worth; I have tested commons 3.1 and 3.2 with a small
test rig and the problem appears to be gone in 3.2 -- although not
needing to serialize at all would be ideal if you can see a way forward
that way!

Regards;

On 23/02/12 12:22 AM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
> I think we can improve deserialization performance in general and solve this specific
issue if we make ObjectStore.objectMap (this is the AbstractReferenceMap causing trouble)
transient. There's no value is saving and restoring this map. There's another map called "changes",
which is a regular HashMap, and that needs to be preserved.
> Now the implementation can be a little tricky, as "objectMap" is provided by the DI factory
and we need to create an empty map of the same type on deserialization. This may require refactoring
of ObjectStore creation flow. Should be doable though...

--
Andrew Lindesay
www.silvereye.co.nz