cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Lindesay <...@lindesay.co.nz>
Subject Re: Question on ObjectContext and Deserialization
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2012 19:04:02 GMT
Hi Andrus;

Thanks for getting back.

I tried this, but it did not change anything.  It is most unusual.  When
I get some more time, I will see if I am able to attach jProfiler and
see what is actually going on!

Regards;

On 16/02/12 7:50 PM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
>>>   an OutOfMemory -- even with substantial quantities of memory available.
>
> This is a hint actually.. Maybe the problem is not heap size, but perm gen size instead?
Try increasing that:

> -XX:MaxPermSize=256m
>
> On Feb 16, 2012, at 9:44 AM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
>
>> This is strange indeed. Haven't seen such behavior. May need some profiling on your
end I guess.

>> Andrus
>>

>> On Feb 14, 2012, at 1:30 PM, Andrew Lindesay wrote:
>>> Hello;
>>>
>>> I have a little question on the ObjectContext in 3.0.2.
>>>
>>> I'm keeping an ObjectContext in an HttpSession instance's attributes for re-use
between request-response cycles.  When I serialize this ObjectContext instance, it (+ other
objects) stores out to<  8k in my test case, but then deserializing the ObjectContext causes

--
Andrew Lindesay
www.silvereye.co.nz