cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Willerding <awillerd...@itsurcom.com>
Subject Re: Web deployment Filter problem with Vaadin and IcePush [RESOLVED]
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2012 20:46:18 GMT
On 02/15/2012 12:14 PM, Michael Gentry wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
>  From what I'm reading here:
>
> Feb 15, 2012 10:26:32 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext filterStart
> SEVERE: Exception starting filter CayenneFilter
> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
> org.apache.cayenne.conf.WebApplicationContextFilter
>     at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1516)
>

> Tomcat is not finding the Cayenne classes.  Can you double-check that
> the Cayenne JAR is included and available to Tomcat?

Hi Michael,

This is embarrassing for me but thanks for simply stating the obvious.
I needed it!!!

Using Netbeans as my IDE, everything looked perfect - the Cayenne
libraries were all listed as they should be, everything was compiling
and building as it should but I kept getting that error on runtime.  So
your advice give me one last final kick towards the answer.  I thought
that I should simply try to deploy the app outside of the Netbeans IDE
and see what happens.  Sure enough it failed again but this time I
examined what was populated in the lib folder and lo and behold the
cayenne jar files were absent.  Netbeans was not including the cayenne
lib files even though they were all listed as part of the project.  I
simply deleted the Netbeans Cayenne library, rebuilt the Cayenne
library, rebuilt the application and lo and behold it all works as it
should of done two days ago when I first encountered the issue.

I had a friend that always said that two heads were better than one!
Thanks for being that second head for me on this and taking the time to
answer with the "obvious".

Sheepishly yours,

Andrew