cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Joe Baldwin <jfbald...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Odd error
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2012 00:17:39 GMT
Andrus,

I just found an associated error (via doing a simple println statement)

Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/cayenne/conn/PoolManager

This is of course clearly not the case, since I have been using the same DBCP cayenne-config
for over a year now. Is it possible, that the webhost has imposed a DB connection limit, and
the techsupport guys don't know about it?  If this is the case, then this app may not be able
to get a connection from the pool.

This is a weird theory, since I am getting enough connections to to select queries.

I am back to being confused. I sure hope you have some ideas. :)

Joe

On Feb 6, 2012, at 2:13 AM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

> Is this error still an issue:

19:42:04] Can't open config file URL: jndi:/om28.com/store/WEB-INF/config/cayenne-files/cayenne.xml

> ?
>
> If so, please follow my advise about the location of Cayenne files and then your Tomcat
settings should not matter anymore.

> Andrus
>
> On Feb 6, 2012, at 2:48 AM, Joe Baldwin wrote:
>
>> Andrus,
>>
>> Is there a webhost server setting that might account for this?  (I googled this problem
and the first results appears to point to webhost settings.   I, presumably, set account privileges
for the user, but this was through a 3rd party manager interface - which is always a bit unsettling
because you can't verify it.)

>> Here is the current error (which is really odd because it is working just fine on
my dev server)

>> com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLIntegrityConstraintViolationException: Cannot
add or update a child row: a foreign key constraint fails (`eagle1_om28`.`product`, CONSTRAINT
`product_ibfk_2` FOREIGN KEY (`packageTypeOid`) REFERENCES `packagetype` (`oid`))

>> Thanks
>> Joe
>>

>> On Feb 5, 2012, at 2:29 AM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
>>
>>> While I don't know what the cause of the error is, my recommendation would be
to put all Cayenne files in CLASSPATH (e.g. WEB-INF/classes or in a jar under WEB-INF/lib).
This is much more portable across any Java environments.

>>> Andrus

IP which I aliased to "om28.com" in my hosts file (a standard trick)

19:42:04] Can't open config file URL: jndi:/om28.com/store/WEB-INF/config/cayenne-files/cayenne.xml

file.  Here is my web.xml entry for the app

in a path that included "store". Could this be a result of it getting confused by the alias
"om28.com"?
I believe, the identical web.xml excerpt.  This same web.xml file is working on my development
server.  Is there a way to configure cayenne or the temp installation to make this work correctly

onto a remote server.  I am getting an odd error and am having trouble tracking it down. (an
excerpt is listed below)
likely since the associated code has been working for a while.  I have also been fighting
some tomcat caching problems, which I have resolved by deleting the tomcat cache for this
app each time I reload it.
showing up.  Also, it this error shows up mostly when I am adding the parent to which it is
referring, however, it also has just shown up at random when I make a simple query via cayenne.
my cayenne map? It is acting so odd that I am fairly convinced that this error message may
not be pointing to the actual error.