cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: new to cayenne
Date Sun, 08 Jan 2012 14:01:58 GMT
Hi Rolf,

For FK column, map a relationship from another table, and check "To Dep PK" for that relationship
[1]. This will ensure that the value of PK column that is also an FK will be set from the
related PK.

For the Date PK column, map it as an ObjAttribute and set it yourself as you would set any
other object property.

Cheers,
Andrus

[1] http://cayenne.apache.org/doc30/to-dep-pk-checkbox.html

On Jan 8, 2012, at 2:34 AM, mailinglist wrote:

> I successfully re-engineered a database.
>
> Now I like to insert a record into a table that has a primary key of two columns: one
integer that is actually a foreign key and a Date value.