cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Erlend Birkenes ...@dataloy.com>
Subject Re: Some more concrete questions about Cayenne
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2012 09:21:06 GMT
2012/1/20 Aristedes Maniatis <ari@maniatis.org>

> Not perfect, but this helps...
>
> http://cayenne.apache.org/**schema/3.0/indexList.html<http://cayenne.apache.org/schema/3.0/indexList.html>
>
> Happy to accept any help with getting better docs into the schema XSD.

Thanks, I knew about that and it was very useful. It's not always obvious
what the various tags are for, so it could use more descriptions. I
generally had to do things in the Modeler and look at the resulting XML to
figure out how to do things correctly. I have checked out the source, so
I'll see if I can write some docs when I have some time.

One of the things I wondered about: what is the point of the
attribute-override? I see the Modeler uses it for flattened attributes, so
I do too, but the obj-attribute seems to already say the exact same thing
so I don't see the point.

Your link is broken btw, it just shows the index and not the content. This
is the correct URL:

http://cayenne.apache.org/schema/3.0/modelMap.html

-Erlend