cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Michael Gentry <mgen...@masslight.net>
Subject Re: JDBC Performance Comparison.
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2012 13:59:15 GMT
Hi Manwar,

I've never benchmarked native vs JDBC drivers, but I have never
considered JDBC to be a bottleneck.  Even if the native drivers
happened to be marginally faster, the real bottleneck is going to be
the database and network I/O and latency.  Also, once the JDBC
libraries are JIT compiled, they should be quite fast.

As for what kinds of drivers are used by Cayenne, we do not ship JDBC
drivers with Cayenne.  Application developers choose the JDBC driver
they use based upon the database they are connecting to.

mrg