cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Setting up Cayenne and Jackrabbit for distributed transactions
Date Fri, 27 Jan 2012 14:02:35 GMT
Hi Daniel,

Don't know much about JCR transactions (even though I'd like to try it some day, in a scenario
similar to yours). In Cayenne you can simply check "Container Managed Transactions", and it
won't attempt to commit or rollback connections. From there you can use something like Spring
for common management of transactions between Cayenne and JCR.

Would love to hear how that worked.

A more clunky way would be to use manual Cayenne transactions or use a TransactionDelegate,
and figure out how to hook this up to Jackrabbit:

http://cayenne.apache.org/doc/understanding-transactions.html

I'd try Spring first.

Andrus