cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Mike Kienenberger <mkien...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cayenne comparison to EOF / WebObjects
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2011 20:36:22 GMT

On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 2:59 PM, John Huss <johnthuss@gmail.com> wrote:
> I would be interested to know how to add an arbitrary helper class - is
> that documented somewhere?

I don't know how it works with Maven as I still do everything with
ant.  In ant, add a nested <config> attribute that conforms to a
<vppconfig> element definition.  You can either put in a static value
(property), or you can instantiate any POJO (tool).

This page talks about the config element and gives some simple
examples at the bottom.

http://cayenne.apache.org/doc/cgen.html

Since Veogen is based on velocity, the Veogen project might benefit
from the same technique if it doesn't yet support adding arbitrary
properties and tools to a context.