cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Papa Issa DIAKHATE <pais...@gmail.com>
Subject is it possible to use cayenne with webservice by only generating client classes, but not standard classes !
Date Thu, 08 Dec 2011 10:17:53 GMT
Hello,
i would like to make a full webservice using cayenne,
basically, here is the top of my map file => project.map.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<data-map xmlns="http://cayenne.apache.org/schema/3.0/modelMap"
  xsi:schemaLocation="http://cayenne.apache.org/schema/3.0/modelMap
http://cayenne.apache.org/schema/3.0/modelMap.xsd"
  project-version="3.0.0.1">
<property name="defaultPackage" value="zz.xxx.yyy.datamodel"/>
<property name="clientSupported" value="true"/>
 <property name="defaultClientPackage" value="zz.xxx.yyy.client"/>
</data-map>

as specified in the cayenne tutorial, i would have to generate the standard
classes in "zz.xxx.yyy.datamodel, .. check the box from the Cayenne Modeler
in order to enable the client support, and the generated the client classes
in ""zz.xxx.yyy.datamodel.client" ...

So my question is how must i configure the project.map.xml in order to use
the webservice & client classes only !
do i have to set both properties "defaultPackage" and "clientSupported" to
the same value ? ... do i have to remove the "defaultPackage" property ?
... or whatever else ...
Thanks in advance for your help.

Paissad,