cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Erlend Birkenes ...@dataloy.com>
Subject Re: Reengineer Database Schema hangs on the last table.
Date Sun, 11 Dec 2011 17:31:56 GMT
I'm still having trouble with this. I had to generate again because I
messed it all up trying to get inheritance to work the way I want.

It takes a VERY long time to generate the ObjEntities. Several hours.
Something must be wrong here somewhere.

Has nobody else experienced this?

As I said before, the process isn't using any CPU this whole time and it's
status in Gnome System Monitor is Sleeping and the Waiting Channel is
futex_wait_queue_me. Google tells me this inticates that it is in queue
waiting for a lock. I don't know if that means anything or not, but it
looks strange. Some other java processes also tend to be in
futex_wait_queue_me a lot of the time, but still seems to work, so I don't
know.

I opened the process in jconsole and jvisualvm and most of the threads are
waiting for a synchronized List. jconsole has the abiity to detect
deadlocks, but doesn't detect one here.

I also tried it in Windows in case it was a Linux bug, but it was the same
situation there.

So what is taking so long? Is it constanty making small database queries
while building the ObjEntities?

-Erlend