cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Michael Gentry <mgen...@masslight.net>
Subject Re: Relationships between datamaps in different projects
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2011 15:37:26 GMT
Well, CM could see if the cayenne.xml file is in a src/main/resources
directory and make an intelligent (?) assumption about finding the
pom.xml.  If so, read the dependencies there and auto-add any
cayenne.xml files it finds in the JARs listed.  Sounds trivial, right?
 :-)

mrg

On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 11:30 AM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:

> On Nov 3, 2011, at 6:23 PM, Hugi Thordarson wrote:
>
>> It would also be cool if a Cayenne project could reference a pom-file, using the
dependencies declared there for finding DataMaps.

> yeah, this can be done if the Modeler is started from Maven: http://cayenne.apache.org/doc30/maven2-modeler.html
>
> In general we are hostages of our IDE and build system-agnostic approach. If we support
Maven, than what about Ant, or what about users who don't use a well-known build system and
rely on IDE-proprietary project files.