cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Michael Gentry <mgen...@masslight.net>
Subject Re: Relationships between datamaps in different projects
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2011 14:28:59 GMT
A quick Google gives this API-wise:

http://www.spice-of-life.net/wodock/api/com/webobjects/eoaccess/EOModelGroup.html

and this UI-wise:

http://www.rdbprime.com/Documentation/WebObjects/UsingEOModeler/5WorkingWithRelationships/index.html?http://www.rdbprime.com/Documentation/WebObjects/UsingEOModeler/5WorkingWithRelationships/Forming_Rel_ata_Sources.html

mrg

On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 9:46 AM, Michael Gentry <mgentry@masslight.net> wrote:
> You'd add to CM a place to look for other other models (either a
> classpath approach or explicitly identify the other models).  CM
> wouldn't need to edit the other models, but in the relationship
> inspector allow referencing the other entities in the model group.  At
> least that's a first approach.  I didn't use model groups extensively
> and my memory is a bit rusty.  I can try to find more info on them
> later if that helps.
>
> Thanks,
>
> mrg
>
> On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 9:33 AM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:
>> What does that mean in practical terms? How do we define that "group" in the Modeler?
>>
>> On Nov 3, 2011, at 4:25 PM, Michael Gentry wrote:
>>
>>> EOModeler had model groups where you could reference external models.
>>> That's probably the approach Cayenne Modeler would need to take.

supported in runtime (all DataMaps are loaded in a single namespace, so entities can reference
each other freely).

in my company recently, but no solution yet. If there are ideas how that can be implemented,
let's discuss.

etc). The code and cayenne.xml for these entities resides in a standalone project, works great.
our client projects to entities in the common project? And if so, do I have to do it in code,
or is there any way for CayenneModeler to pick up the entities in the common project, so I
can model the relationships in the GUI?

the time to respond yet. Preparing a massive thesis on that one ;-)