cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Michael Gentry <mgen...@masslight.net>
Subject Re: Relationships between datamaps in different projects
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2011 13:25:19 GMT
EOModeler had model groups where you could reference external models.
That's probably the approach Cayenne Modeler would need to take.

On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 9:12 AM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:
> This is one of the unsolved things. The relationships between DataMaps are supported
in runtime (all DataMaps are loaded in a single namespace, so entities can reference each
other freely).

> During modeling I am not sure how we can do that. We just had this discussion in my company
recently, but no solution yet. If there are ideas how that can be implemented, let's discuss.

> Andrus
>

> On Nov 3, 2011, at 1:45 PM, Hugi Thordarson wrote:
>
>> Hi all!
>>
>> Most of our projects share a set of common DB tables (users, permissions etc). The
code and cayenne.xml for these entities resides in a standalone project, works great.
>> However, I'm wondering if I can create relationships from entities in our client
projects to entities in the common project? And if so, do I have to do it in code, or is there
any way for CayenneModeler to pick up the entities in the common project, so I can model the
relationships in the GUI?

>> Cheers,
>> - hugi
>>

>> PS:  I started a huge thread regarding outer joins, and I haven't had the time to
respond yet. Preparing a massive thesis on that one ;-)