cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Robert Zeigler <robert.zeig...@roxanemy.com>
Subject Re: Relationships between datamaps in different projects
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2011 22:23:53 GMT
Unless the user is using gradle, in which case cayenne.xml might well be found in src/main/resources,
but there won't be a pom.xml file. ;)

Robert

On Nov 3, 2011, at 11/310:37 AM , Michael Gentry wrote:

> Well, CM could see if the cayenne.xml file is in a src/main/resources
> directory and make an intelligent (?) assumption about finding the
> pom.xml.  If so, read the dependencies there and auto-add any
> cayenne.xml files it finds in the JARs listed.  Sounds trivial, right?
> :-)
>
> mrg
>

> On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 11:30 AM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:
>>
>> On Nov 3, 2011, at 6:23 PM, Hugi Thordarson wrote:
>>
>>> It would also be cool if a Cayenne project could reference a pom-file, using
the dependencies declared there for finding DataMaps.

>> yeah, this can be done if the Modeler is started from Maven: http://cayenne.apache.org/doc30/maven2-modeler.html
>>
>> In general we are hostages of our IDE and build system-agnostic approach. If we support
Maven, than what about Ant, or what about users who don't use a well-known build system and
rely on IDE-proprietary project files.