cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Relationships between datamaps in different projects
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2011 13:12:15 GMT
This is one of the unsolved things. The relationships between DataMaps are supported in runtime
(all DataMaps are loaded in a single namespace, so entities can reference each other freely).

During modeling I am not sure how we can do that. We just had this discussion in my company
recently, but no solution yet. If there are ideas how that can be implemented, let's discuss.

Andrus

On Nov 3, 2011, at 1:45 PM, Hugi Thordarson wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> Most of our projects share a set of common DB tables (users, permissions etc). The code
and cayenne.xml for these entities resides in a standalone project, works great.
> However, I'm wondering if I can create relationships from entities in our client projects
to entities in the common project? And if so, do I have to do it in code, or is there any
way for CayenneModeler to pick up the entities in the common project, so I can model the relationships
in the GUI?

> Cheers,
> - hugi
>

> PS:  I started a huge thread regarding outer joins, and I haven't had the time to respond
yet. Preparing a massive thesis on that one ;-)