cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Hugi Thordarson <h...@karlmenn.is>
Subject Relationships between datamaps in different projects
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2011 10:45:31 GMT
Hi all!

Most of our projects share a set of common DB tables (users, permissions etc). The code and
cayenne.xml for these entities resides in a standalone project, works great.
However, I'm wondering if I can create relationships from entities in our client projects
to entities in the common project? And if so, do I have to do it in code, or is there any
way for CayenneModeler to pick up the entities in the common project, so I can model the relationships
in the GUI?

Cheers,
- hugi

PS:  I started a huge thread regarding outer joins, and I haven't had the time to respond
yet. Preparing a massive thesis on that one ;-)