cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Arturo Perez <per...@gsicommerce.com>
Subject suggestions for integrating PostgreSQL Listen/Notify
Date Fri, 14 Oct 2011 02:50:38 GMT
Hi all,

The PostgreSQL database has a notification system built-in so that one
database-connected app can signal another.  The mechanism is called
Listen/Notify.  Some JDBC-centric docs here:
http://jdbc.postgresql.org/documentation/81/listennotify.html

How would I go about integrating that into Cayenne for certain types of
cache invalidations?  I have several apps only some of which are
Cayenne-based so using JavaGroups and JMS for this sort of thing isn't
straightforward.

Is there any documentation on Cayenne's cross-vm cache synchronization
protocols?

tia,
arturo