cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Hugi Thordarson <h...@karlmenn.is>
Subject Specifying what columns to fetch when using DataRows
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2011 11:46:46 GMT
Hi all.

I'm using DataRow fetching to optimize some queries. How do I specify what columns to fetch?
Can I do something like this:

--------
SelectQuery q = new SelectQuery( Person.class );
q.setFetchingDataRows( true );
q.setDataRowKeyPaths( Arrays.asList( "name", "department.name", "address.city.country" ) );
--------

For those familar with EOF, I'd do this to achieve the same result:

--------
EOFetchSpecification fs = new EOFetchSpecification( "Person", null, null );
fs.setFetchesRawRows( true );
fs.setRawRowKeyPaths( Arrays.asList( "name", "department.name", "address.city.country" ) );
--------

Cheers,
- hugi