cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Mike Kienenberger <mkien...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Unique Index Constraints in Cayenne Modeler
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2011 21:54:18 GMT
On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 4:13 AM, Durchholz, Joachim
<Joachim.Durchholz@hennig-fahrzeugteile.de> wrote:
> Maintaining a set of scripts so that it remains consistent with the database would be
just a waste of effort. It is unlikely that they'd ever need such scripts anyway: the ability
to create an empty database would be worthless to the company, it needs the data.

While I have no opinion on the thread as a whole, I do want to state
that the above statement isn't true for many of us.   When you are
writing integration tests, the ability to create an empty database
with an identical schema and populate it with your test data is
extremely useful.