cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Hugi Thordarson <h...@karlmenn.is>
Subject Re: Can I specify join type for relationships in the model?
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2011 11:40:54 GMT
Thank you Andrus.
Has there ever been discussion of adding the ability to specify join types when modeling relationships,
or would that be at odds with design intentions? It seems like a useful feature.

Cheers,
- hugi

On 25.10.2011, at 11:23, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

> Yes, in Cayenne join type is a property of a path in expression or query, not a relationship.
This is by design.

> Andrus
>
> On Oct 25, 2011, at 1:54 PM, Hugi Thordarson wrote:
>
>> Good morning all.
>>
>> The subject says it all, really: Cayenne seems to default to inner joins for relationships.
Is it possible for me to set the join type for relationships in the model, so I don't have
to specify the join type for every query? (I always want outer joins)