cayenne-user mailing list archives

From "Durchholz, Joachim" <Joachim.Durchh...@hennig-fahrzeugteile.de>
Subject RE: Unique Index Constraints in Cayenne Modeler
Date Mon, 10 Oct 2011 09:32:13 GMT
Just giving feedback from my user perspective:

> CayenneModeler is not a DB admin tool, so DB concepts not directly related to ORM are
generally ignored.

I find that reasonable.

> UNIQUE indexes are somewhat on the border and I even believe we have a feature request
in Jira somewhere...

This I cannot agree with, I do think unique indexes are solidly on the ORM side.
The issue is relationships defined using unique keys. These tend to come from two sources:
- Legacy databases that I need to interface with.
- People with direct manual SQL access and a say on the data model. For them, having a UK
with well-chosen content can make the difference between needing a join or not, so they do
have a point.

Regards,
Jo