cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@maniatis.org>
Subject Re: Best practice to support multiple database vendors (DB2 or MSSQL Server)
Date Fri, 14 Oct 2011 12:39:46 GMT
On Fri Oct 14 23:27:33 2011, Francois Eyl wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I'm using Cayenne on my project in order to interface it with a third party application
through its database. Until now, the database was a DB2 (AS400), but the application now supports
MS SQL Server as well. So, I need to support both DB2 and MSSQL Server of course. The databases
schemas are stricly the same.

> I wonder what is the best way to achieve this, knowing that I already have my datamap
& datanode ready for DB2. I'd like to avoid redefining ObjectEntities by implementation
(one set of data for DB2 and another for SQLServer). How do you recommand me to proceed?

> Do I need to create an other DataDomain, and "duplicate" the definition stuff?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Francois

In most cases, there is absolutely nothing to do at all. Just connect
to the database of your choice and Cayenne will make it all work.

--
Aristedes Maniatis