cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Francois Eyl <f...@smaeur.eu>
Subject Best practice to support multiple database vendors (DB2 or MSSQL Server)
Date Fri, 14 Oct 2011 12:27:33 GMT
Hi guys,

I'm using Cayenne on my project in order to interface it with a third
party application through its database. Until now, the database was a
DB2 (AS400), but the application now supports MS SQL Server as well. So,
I need to support both DB2 and MSSQL Server of course. The databases
schemas are stricly the same.

I wonder what is the best way to achieve this, knowing that I already
have my datamap & datanode ready for DB2. I'd like to avoid redefining
ObjectEntities by implementation (one set of data for DB2 and another
for SQLServer). How do you recommand me to proceed?

Do I need to create an other DataDomain, and "duplicate" the definition
stuff?

Thanks in advance,
Francois