cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Arturo Perez <per...@gsicommerce.com>
Subject case insensitive =?
Date Thu, 15 Sep 2011 12:10:27 GMT
Hi all,

Using Postgresql 9.0 and Cayenne 3.0.2.

I've googled and googled but can't find the right search to answer this
question.

I would like to perform a query that has the equivalent of a case
insensitive search.  Outside of configuring collation etc I've always
done it by doing something like

       select col,a,b,c from x where upper(col) = upper($parm)

Any way of doing the equivalent using Expression?  Or would I have to
use SQLTemplate?

Alternatively, are there any dangers to using likeIgnoreCase if I can be
100% certain that $parm will never contain any SQL wildcards?  Seems
that query runtime is a little slower that =.

Another idea is to write my own Expression for that.  Would that be hard?

tia,
arturo