cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Production Version
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2011 16:58:41 GMT
Yes, 3.0.x is the "stable" supported branch of Cayenne.

3.1 is "alpha". It is being used in production too (I do it on a number of projects). The
biggest risk with it is fast API evolution, so when you upgrade between 3.1 milestones, you'd
have to check your code for incompatibilities. And of course occasional bugs may creep in
too.

Andrus

On Sep 13, 2011, at 6:41 PM, Joe Baldwin wrote:

> I just wanted to verify 3.0 is the version recommended for production code.   (Just wanted
to make sure I didn't miss anything with all the discussion over 3.1. I am currently using
3.0.1 for my "production" demo.)

> This is probably a moot question anyway because I have found that Cayenne dev versions
are pretty stable to use is most cases.