cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Hugi Thordarson <h...@karlmenn.is>
Subject Re: Type safe queries & more
Date Fri, 16 Sep 2011 13:36:49 GMT
Hi Ari.

> Welcome to Cayenne. The work you have done is extremely welcome and has been discussed
before:

Thank you :).

> I encourage you to do a couple of things to follow this through and see if we can get
this approach into Cayenne:

> 1. Take this over to the dev list (I'm copying that list in now)
> 2. Put your code somewhere. Jira is a very good option (no matter how basic the code
is) because you will agree to a license agreement releasing the code under the ASL which makes
it possible for us to include your code in Cayenne. You could also use something like gist
(github.com) to put code in a more visible place for now, but ultimately it will need to come
back through Jira.

> Again, welcome. Getting type safety into object keys has always been a goal here.

Glad to hear that :-).

We've committed the code as a Maven project on Bitbucket:

https://bitbucket.org/hugi/jambalaya

I added a license element to the POM stating ASL 2.0. Once we've worked a little more on this
and written test cases we'll happily submit a JIRA.

Cheers,
- hugi