cayenne-user mailing list archives

From "Pipes, David" <dpi...@AimNTLS.com>
Subject What JSON library are you using with cayenne?
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2011 14:00:59 GMT
What are you all using for your JSON library with cayenne? I am looking for some feedback on
what works well out of the box or with little work. I can't seem to find a good JSON library
that works well with cayenne and db2 on an as400. My initial research pointed me to GSON (Google
JSON library). This worked amazingly well right out of the box on my local server (windows).
Once we added it to our production server on the 400 it didn't seem to work. Then I tried
JACKSON. It looked promising but not easily configurable with parent child relationships in
cayenne with circlular references.

So, I'm looking for one of two things here. What libraries are you using or has anyone had
success with GSON on the as400? I would prefer to use GSON for its simplicity but am also
welcoming feedback on both.

Thanks.