cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Data base externally modified
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2011 13:34:42 GMT
Could you please explain your data access patterns?

E.g. if you fetch some objects and store them in an instance variable in your application,
they are not going to get refreshed automatically. To refresh objects you need to either invalidate
them explicitly via context.invalidateObjects() or run a query. All the cache settings are
essentially about optimizing query execution (refresh data, but only as often as needed).

Andrus