cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Getting null instead of the actual value
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2011 16:44:03 GMT
Joe,

> It is a tad difficult to follow all of your pseudo-code (as with all pseudo-code), but
it appears that you are adding to "UserRoles" object via Cayenne and that you have left out
the step to "commitChanges" on your ObjectContext.

> Here is the basic pseudo code for Cayenne usage model:
>
> 1. get your ObjectContext (ex: BaseContext.getThreadObjectContext();)
> 2. create a new entity on the OC (ex: (UserRoles)oc.newObject(UserRoles.class);)
> 3. initialize your entity with values
> 4. commit changes (ex: oc.commitChanges();)
>
> Totally easy! :)

hehehe I agree it is totally easy and I must say I have called
commitChanges but it didn't work - thats why I felt so dumb :-)

Thanks for looking in my hard to read example - I already see another
valuable tipp in the thread

Cheers

--
http://www.grobmeier.de