cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What JSON library are you using with cayenne?
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2011 13:47:28 GMT
Hello

> private String getJsonExample(){
>  Gson gson = new Gson();
>  List<Webdvcr> test = Webdvcr.getDvcrByUnitNum("502");
>  // returns a Webdvcr object that is extended from CayenneDataObject
>  return gson.toJson(test);
> }
>
> In this example with GSON it works perfect and this is what I'm trying to get yours to
do. getDvcrByUnitNum is a method in the class that extends my "_Webdvcr" class. Now what I
am asking is it possible with your jjson to replicate the above code without using annotations?
Or if it can't how could I replicate it using annotations. I thought I had them set correctly
but it only returned "[,]" as the value.

The easiest way is using Annotations.

Did you use @JSON on class level too? Sounds like you missed that. Fore xample:

@JSON
public class Webdvcr extends _Webdvcr {
  @JSON List<Webdvcr> getDvcrByUnitNum(String s) {};
}

The code would then look like:

private String getJsonExample() {
 JSONAnnotationEncoder encoder = new JSONAnnotationEncoder();
 List<Webdvcr> test = Webdvcr.getDvcrByUnitNum("502");
     return encoder.encode(test);
}

Please let me know if that worked for you.
Cheers
Christian

> Thanks.

feedback on what works well out of the box or with little work. I can't seem to find a good
JSON library that works well with cayenne and db2 on an as400. My initial research pointed
me to GSON (Google JSON library). This worked amazingly well right out of the box on my local
server (windows). Once we added it to our production server on the 400 it didn't seem to work.
Then I tried JACKSON. It looked promising but not easily configurable with parent child relationships
in cayenne with circlular references.

>> So, I'm looking for one of two things here. What libraries are you using or has anyone
had success with GSON on the as400? I would prefer to use GSON for its simplicity but am also
welcoming feedback on both.

> actually I always had problems with the other JSON libs out there, so I wrote my own:
> http://code.google.com/p/jjson/
> It uses plain Java without dependencies, so you have a good chance to make it work on
AS400.

> You can use the @JSON annotations on the properties you want to expose as JSON. I use
the classes for it which extend the _UnderScoreClases, overwrite and annotate the getters.
This worked pretty well for me.

--
http://www.grobmeier.de