cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Gary Jarrel <garyjar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 3.1 Module & Cache Configuration
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2011 14:12:27 GMT
I'm testing a DataChannelFilter very similar to
CacheInvalidationFilter with a few extras mainly invalidating groups
in either Shared or Local caches. I have an annotation similar to
CacheGroups but it goes further into tracking whether an object should
be cached in local or shared cache.

I'll dig around a bit more in the code of NestedQueryCache and see
what I can find.

Thank you

garyj

On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 11:59 PM, Andrus Adamchik
<andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:
> Not quite sure what you are planning to test, but my guess would be you need to use NestedQueryCache
instance.

> Andrus
>
> On Sep 13, 2011, at 4:49 PM, Gary Jarrel wrote:
>
>> Ahhh I see :) so what is the best way to test local and shared cache
>> from the point of view of adding and removing objects?
>>
>> garyj
>>
>> On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 11:34 PM, Andrus Adamchik
>> <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:

>>> You unwrapped the NestedQueryCache yourself, so yeah, underneath it is the same
object ;)

>>> NestedQueryCache just maps itself to a unique "region" of the same cache object.
This way you can manage the size, notifications, expiration, etc. of a single cache, and not
N+1 caches where N is the number of ObjectContexts in the system.