cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Gary Jarrel <garyjar...@gmail.com>
Subject Cayenne 3.1 & Caching under Lifecycle
Date Mon, 12 Sep 2011 11:29:44 GMT
Hi All,

Going though the 3.1 code again, and notice the CacheGroups annotation
and CacheInvalidationFilter class for invalidating cache.

Question is, will this become a standard for invalidating cache in
Cayenne, or are these just examples of what can be achived with
DataChannelFilter and it's up to the developer to use them or not.

Reason I asked is that I had something similar in one of my projects
using annotations and callbacks, so I am thinking whether to replace
our code with these.

The one other thought that crossed my mind (and we used) is that our
annotation also allowed setting the Cache Strategy, so before
executing a query for a certain Data Object we could check the
annotation and alter the query's cache strategy accordingly.

Cheers,

garyj