cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Anthony Brew <anthony.b...@swrve.com>
Subject Re: Data base externally modified
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2011 13:28:32 GMT
Hi Gary,
            Yeah thats what I am seeing in the code, but I cant for the life
of me see how to turn off the caching completely in the modeller, I actually
think it wont hit our performance very badly to have no caching.

The cache setting I see are the in the DataDomain Configuration

Which has an option for a Query Cache Factory with a choice of two classes.
      - org.apache.cayenne.cache.MapQueryCacheFactory
      - org.apache.cayenne.cache.OSQueryCacheFactory

I selected the MapQueryCache and trie to set the size of the object cache to
1 (couldn't set this to zero) as the application barfed saying caches had to
be greater than size zero.

in my cayenne.xml I see the line

<property name="cayenne.DataRowStore.snapshot.size" value="1"/>

was added, perhaps there is some manual setting I can add to this file to
turn caching off?

All the Best,
Anthony