cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Joe Baldwin <jfbald...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Getting null instead of the actual value
Date Tue, 06 Sep 2011 15:39:18 GMT
Christian,

It is a tad difficult to follow all of your pseudo-code (as with all pseudo-code), but it
appears that you are adding to "UserRoles" object via Cayenne and that you have left out the
step to "commitChanges" on your ObjectContext.

Here is the basic pseudo code for Cayenne usage model:

1. get your ObjectContext (ex: BaseContext.getThreadObjectContext();)
2. create a new entity on the OC (ex: (UserRoles)oc.newObject(UserRoles.class);)
3. initialize your entity with values
4. commit changes (ex: oc.commitChanges();)

Totally easy! :)

Joe