cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Passing Blobs to stored procedure
Date Sun, 04 Sep 2011 16:58:16 GMT
Hi Joe,

Oracle JDBC driver is messed up. Standard JDBC types are not working they way you'd expect
them, and then a bunch of custom types to deal with. This looks like one of the examples.

We may need to investigate if we can better abstract this particular case in Cayenne, but
just a guess - what if you use oracle.sql.BLOB instead of org.apache.cayenne.util.MemoryBlob
to call the stored procedure? I hope that should fix it in the interim.

Andrus

On Sep 2, 2011, at 6:39 PM, Joseph Senecal wrote:

> I'm trying to pass a Blob to a stored procedure. The parameter is defined in the CayenneModeler
as an IN parameter of type BLOB. I'm passing an array of bytes to ProcedureQuery.addParameter.
When the code runs it gets an cast exception "org.apache.cayenne.util.MemoryBlob cannot be
cast to oracle.sql.BLOB".