cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Two caches - what are the issues?
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2011 11:06:07 GMT

On Aug 18, 2011, at 1:58 PM, Durchholz, Joachim wrote:

> This leaves me wondering. Does this mean I can have two objects that map to the same
database record, one in the individual object cache and one in the query result cache?

No. The DataObject uniquing is guaranteed per ObjectContext by Cayenne regardless of the caching.

> Am I misinterpreting something?
> If not: how do peple deal with it? What are the best practices here?

Usually there's nothing to deal with really. The main drawback here is that object cache is
not pluggable and not managed (you can't set expiration policies, it is just an LRU). But
other than that it is transparent.

Andrus