cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Tony Giaccone <tgiacc...@gmail.com>
Subject Webservice and Cayenne
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2011 16:51:06 GMT
I'm interested in implementing a Restful web service using Cayenne as the
backing ORM. My guess is that there are some people on this list who may
have opinions on how might best be implemented. My intent is to vend json to
the clients.  I know that ROP and the hessian protocol are actively being
used, but I don't think those have a place in what I want to build (no jvm
on client side).

In particular there I've seen some discussions about using DTO's and custom
template generation. I'm especially interested in how this is accomplished.

Anyone care to comment?

Tony Giaccone