cayenne-user mailing list archives

From amulya rattan <talk2amu...@gmail.com>
Subject CayenneRuntimeException - temporary ID not replaced
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2011 09:29:50 GMT
All,

I am getting the following exception.

Exception in thread "main" org.apache.cayenne.CayenneRuntimeException:
[v.3.0RC2 Feb 03 2010 13:38:54] Temporary ID hasn't been replaced on commit:
{<ObjectId:Meters, TEMP:000000CDED480001>; new; [modelId=>123;
meterId=>1234567]}

Looks like the temp id mentioned in the exception had to be replaced by some
primary key value? But I should mention that I didn't keep any primary key
in my table since when i do, Cayenne doesn't create a setter/getter for it,
but I want to be able to set the primary key myself instead of Cayenne or
database generated. I am guessing there must be a way around it. Any
pointers are appreciated.

~Amulya