cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Joseph Senecal <sene...@apple.com>
Subject Re: Coexisting with WebObjects
Date Wed, 10 Aug 2011 16:23:09 GMT
Thanks for all the replies! I also enjoyed the discussion of Cayenne versus WebObjects, but
I did get several possible answers to my problem.

Quick solution: configure Cayenne Modeler to duplicate WebObjects handling of sequences.

Long solution: Replace OraclePkGenerator with a version that asks the database for 20 entries
from the sequence and caches the results.

Is there any reason not to use something like this:
SELECT tablename.nextval,  tablename.nextval,  tablename.nextval ... FROM DUAL
to get multiple primary keys from a sequence?

Joe