cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Tony Giaccone <tgiacc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Webservice and Cayenne
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2011 11:57:10 GMT
Andrus,

I'm curious why you are using the tapestry IoC container. What purpose does it serve?

Tony Giaccone

Life is what you live today.

On Aug 24, 2011, at 5:07 PM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:

> I am using Cayenne with Jersey frontend (http://jersey.java.net/ )  and a Tapestry 5
IoC container in between. Jersey is a JAX RS implementation and can serialize objects based
on standard JAXB annotations, generating either XML or JSON.

> While there's no direct JAXB bindings for Cayenne DataObjects, I'd use very simple annotated
DTO's converting between Cayenne and DTO in each Jersey resource class.

> What I find interesting is that the DTO conversion is not simply a workaround for the
lack of direct serialization. It actually allows to bridge the mismatch between the DB schema
and the desired end user format of the output.

> Like the above stack a lot - very simple and clean frontend code, ties nicely to fairly
abstract backend business logic, very little configuration.