cayenne-user mailing list archives

From "Kuhns, John" <jku...@AimNTLS.com>
Subject RE: Access to the logger?
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2011 19:33:25 GMT
Andrus,

Thanks, that works but doesn't give me quite what I need, I've written a custom superclass.
Also, thanks for the clue on the upcoming change.

John

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrus Adamchik [mailto:andrus@objectstyle.org]
Sent: Wednesday, July 13, 2011 12:29 PM
To: user@cayenne.apache.org
Subject: Re: Access to the logger?

On Jul 13, 2011, at 7:17 PM, Kuhns, John wrote:

> I would like to use the QueryLogger from within my data objects directly. Is this possible?
If not, I suppose I write a custom superclass and refactor. Has anyone else done something
like this?

> Thanks,
> John

Hi there,

In Cayenne 3.0.x QueryLogger is a static public class. So surely any Java class can call its
method.

Just as an FYI, In 3.1 QueryLogger is replaced with a non-static JdbcEventLogger managed via
DI container.

Andrus