cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Found cgen documentation error
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2011 11:44:15 GMT
> Sorry about the false report for a documentation problem. The pages looked so similar
that I thought they were linking to the same page. I should have looked closer.

No worries. I think we need to insert a title header into both pages to make it more clear.

Andrus

On Jul 20, 2011, at 8:14 PM, Joseph Senecal wrote:
> Thanks!
>
> I have my custom templates working now :-)
>
> Sorry about the false report for a documentation problem. The pages looked so similar
that I thought they were linking to the same page. I should have looked closer.

> Joe
>
> On Jul 20, 2011, at 12:59 AM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
>

>> On Jul 20, 2011, at 10:48 AM, Joseph Senecal wrote:
>>
>>> The page: http://cayenne.apache.org/doc/cgen.html
>>> describes a tag: supertemplate
>>> By activating Maven debuging, I was able to determine that this tag is actually:
superTemplate
>>> And that it is case sensitive.
>>
>> Actually you are reading the Ant cgen docs. Ant task parameters are case insensitive.
The Maven plugin docs are here and this page correctly shows the name as "superTemplate":

>> http://cayenne.apache.org/doc/maven2-cgen.html
>>

>>> What I can't determine is what I should put in that tag to have it use my template
instead of the default template. Even though my template is just a copy of the default template,
any use of the superTemplate tag results in an error message and no file generation. Here
is the error message:
>>> 7/20/11 12:33:26 AM PDT: Build errors for SFS; org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException:
Failed to execute goal org.apache.cayenne.plugins:maven-cayenne-plugin:3.1M2:cgen (cgen) on
project SFS: Error generating classes:

>>> I've tried putting in the file name relative to the project/pom. I've tried just
the directory that it's in. I've even tried a fully qualified name. None of these worked.

>>> Has anyone used a custom cgen template? How do you specify it?
>>
>> I haven't used it in a while, but it should be something like this:
>>
>> <configuration>
>>  <superTemplate >${project.build.sourceDirectory}/../templates/mytemplate.vm</superTemplate>

>> </configuration>
>>
>> ${project.build.sourceDirectory} is equal to "yourproject/src/main/java", and the
above assumes you put your templates under  "yourproject/src/main/templates". The location
is arbitrary of course.