cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@maniatis.org>
Subject Re: Beginner maven woes with 3.1M2
Date Tue, 19 Jul 2011 00:37:21 GMT
On Tue Jul 19 10:08:04 2011, Joseph Senecal wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm new to both Cayenne and Maven. I'm trying to configure Maven for Cayenne version
3.1M2, but I get the following errors:
> 7/18/11 4:52:49 PM PDT: [WARN] The POM for com.caucho:resin-hessian:jar:3.1.6 is missing,
no dependency information available
> 7/18/11 4:52:50 PM PDT: Missing artifact com.caucho:resin-hessian:jar:3.1.6:compile
> 7/18/11 4:52:51 PM PDT: Maven Builder: AUTO_BUILD
> 7/18/11 4:52:53 PM PDT: Maven Builder: AUTO_BUILD requireFullBuild
> 7/18/11 4:52:53 PM PDT: [WARN] The POM for com.caucho:resin-hessian:jar:3.1.6 is missing,
no dependency information available
> 7/18/11 4:52:54 PM PDT: Build errors for SFS; org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException:
Failed to execute goal on project SFS: Could not resolve dependencies for project com.apple.mqm:SFS:jar:0.0.1-SNAPSHOT:
Could not find artifact com.caucho:resin-hessian:jar:3.1.6 in central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)

> I've tried looking for the missing project but only found a POM reference. Adding that
changes the error messages but it's still the same complaints.

> I tried searching the web and saw that this was once a problem with the 3.0 maven, and
that it was apparently resolved by uploading a jar file (which I don't know enough to do).

> Can anyone suggest a work around? I don't mind including jars in the project but I don't
see the the missing jar in the download version either, nor do I know how to tell Maven to
use a jar in the project to satisfy a dependancy.

> Joe Senecal

Take a look inside your home directory and you will find an (invisible)
.m2 folder. Inside that is a folder structure where you will find all
the other jars which maven has downloaded. You can get the right
hessian from here: http://caucho.com/m2/com/caucho/resin-hessian/3.1.6/
then put it in the right folder (the path matches the artifact group),
then you should be right to go.

Yes, this is a real pain, but the Caucho people don't seem interested
in keeping maven central up to date with their releases. I'll see what
I can do to push some manual updates to maven central.

--
Aristedes Maniatis