cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Joseph Senecal <sene...@apple.com>
Subject Re: Found cgen documentation error
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2011 17:14:56 GMT
Thanks!

I have my custom templates working now :-)

Sorry about the false report for a documentation problem. The pages looked so similar that
I thought they were linking to the same page. I should have looked closer.

Joe

On Jul 20, 2011, at 12:59 AM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

> On Jul 20, 2011, at 10:48 AM, Joseph Senecal wrote:
>
>> The page: http://cayenne.apache.org/doc/cgen.html
>> describes a tag: supertemplate
>> By activating Maven debuging, I was able to determine that this tag is actually:
superTemplate
>> And that it is case sensitive.
>
> Actually you are reading the Ant cgen docs. Ant task parameters are case insensitive.
The Maven plugin docs are here and this page correctly shows the name as "superTemplate":

> http://cayenne.apache.org/doc/maven2-cgen.html
>

>> What I can't determine is what I should put in that tag to have it use my template
instead of the default template. Even though my template is just a copy of the default template,
any use of the superTemplate tag results in an error message and no file generation. Here
is the error message:
>> 7/20/11 12:33:26 AM PDT: Build errors for SFS; org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException:
Failed to execute goal org.apache.cayenne.plugins:maven-cayenne-plugin:3.1M2:cgen (cgen) on
project SFS: Error generating classes:

>> I've tried putting in the file name relative to the project/pom. I've tried just
the directory that it's in. I've even tried a fully qualified name. None of these worked.

>> Has anyone used a custom cgen template? How do you specify it?
>
> I haven't used it in a while, but it should be something like this:
>
> <configuration>
>   <superTemplate >${project.build.sourceDirectory}/../templates/mytemplate.vm</superTemplate>

> </configuration>
>
> ${project.build.sourceDirectory} is equal to "yourproject/src/main/java", and the above
assumes you put your templates under  "yourproject/src/main/templates". The location is arbitrary
of course.