cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: default values
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2011 11:12:23 GMT
Nothing built into Cayenne. A few options - return defaults by overriding accessors for the
properties at hand. Or more low level - a custom org.apache.cayenne.access.jdbc.SelectAction
that creates a wrapper around the standard ResultIterator that would check each returned row
and fill in the defaults.

If you can think how to handle the later case in a generic fashion in Cayenne, we'd welcome
a patch against 3.1 (trunk).

Andrus