cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Tony Dahbura <dahb...@aopslab.com>
Subject Example of an order by clause on a query
Date Fri, 06 May 2011 18:28:47 GMT
I am trying to find an example of using an order by on a cayenne query. I was hoping to have
it sort the information using the database versus locally which cayenne seems to support either.

My example is I need to do a select * from event order by name ascending.

How do I build such a query:

SelectQuery query = new SelectQuery(Event.class);
//what goes in here to sort by some field in the object to order it
query.addOrdering();
List<Event> values = context.performQuery(query);

Thanks,
Tony