cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Joe Baldwin <jfbald...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Example of an order by clause on a query
Date Fri, 06 May 2011 18:46:33 GMT
Tony,

this is very simple.  First create a SelectQuery based on the class then pass it an Ordering
object.  You have the option to order using the DBMS or once you have the result set.  It
is less resource intensive to let the DBMS do it.

	SelectQuery query = new SelectQuery(Event.class); // Select Query
	query.addOrdering(new Ordering(Event.NAME_PROPERTY, SortOrder.ASCENDING)); // order by name

Joe

On May 6, 2011, at 2:28 PM, Tony Dahbura wrote:

> I am trying to find an example of using an order by on a cayenne query. I was hoping
to have it sort the information using the database versus locally which cayenne seems to support
either.