cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Tore Halset <hal...@pvv.ntnu.no>
Subject Re: 3.1 logging and jetty
Date Thu, 05 May 2011 15:21:19 GMT
Thanks! It works! :)

 - Tore.

On 5. mai 2011, at 12.22, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

> Hi Tore,
>
> I am also using Jetty 7. My preference is to configure logging per app (instead of per
container), so I am not very familiar with per-container options. I am using Log4J (you may
use another logger, so configuration advise will be different) and not using any defaults,
configuring logging "subsystem" explicitly in a startup servlet.

> So... In the app I'd place log4j.properties either under WEB-INF/ or under WEB-INF/classes/
(doesn't mater as long as you can obtain a URL of this file either via ServletContext or ClassLoader).
Then load this file into Properties object, then bootstrap Log4J PropertyConfigurator with
these Properties. After that you can turn off the new logger by adding this line in log4j.properties:

> log4j.logger.org.apache.cayenne.log.CommonsJdbcEventLogger = WARN
>

> Andrus
>

> On May 5, 2011, at 1:00 PM, Tore Halset wrote:
>> Hello.
>>
>> We are using 3.1M2 in jetty 7.3.0. For production I want to turn off the logging
done by CommonsJdbcEventLogger. I got this to work with earlier versions of cayenne and a
different servlet engine, but are stuck now. My log files are growing with GBs each day.