cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Tony Dahbura <dahb...@aopslab.com>
Subject Question about removing detail records under a master record (master object with detail objects!)
Date Wed, 25 May 2011 19:54:47 GMT
I have an object called event that contains eventMenu as an array of objects. event is a table
in my database and eventMenu is a table. Each of the objects are working fine for inserts
and queries...

However if I want to delete an eventitem I tried calling event.removeFromEventmenuArray(obj).
Then calling context.commitChanges();

What happens is the Cayenne marks the fkey in eventMenu as null instead of deleting the eventMenu
row from the database. I have tried all the possible delete rules (I tried cascade, tried
no action, all of them). I cannot get the ORM to delete the row from the detail record.

All the foreign key records are setup correctly and if I delete the event it cascade deletes
the eventMenu rows as I want.

Any ideas, if I try to delete the eventMenu manually this works okay, but it seems to me the
event object should respect the remove operation and do this upon a commit?

Am I misunderstanding how to do this?

Thanks,
Tony